In this blog, we’ll break down key elements of our Jama Connect for Semiconductor Software.
Jama Connect® for Semiconductor Software
It can take months or even years to complete the development of a new chip. To avoid costly mistakes, semiconductor requirements need to be clearly communicated to the entire team across the development lifecycle. While most teams acknowledge their communication challenges, the risk of process change or adopting a new tool can be daunting. Jama Connect for Semiconductor provides an intuitive, leading-edge semiconductor requirements management solution for complex chip development with methods in use today by top manufacturers.
Supercharge Your Systems Development and Engineering Process
Jama Connect® is a solution for managing product requirements from idea through development, launch, and iteration. It brings people and data together in one place, providing visibility and actionable insights into the product development lifecycle. Jama Connect equips teams to analyze impacts, track decisions, and ensure quality of the product you set out to build.
Simplify Complex Product Development With Jama Connect
Jama Connect is a hub for understanding your complete product development lifecycle, enabling product managers and engineers to track requirements, decisions, and relationships on multiple levels to deliver compliant, market-driven products effectively. Jama Connect helps teams deliver high-quality products on time and on budget by aligning stakeholders, identifying risks early on and visualizing connections between regulations, requirements, and test cases throughout the development process.
In the increasingly complex semiconductor industry, market forces are creating new challenges for semiconductor product developers. Jama Connect was designed to help teams:
- Confidence – Trace requirements throughout the development process, illuminate risk, and proceed with confidence that you are building what you set out to build.
- Visibility – Gain visibility into the product development process by monitoring relationships and dependencies between systems, teams, activities, and results.
- Speed – Align teams, track decisions efficiently, and minimize rework to create high-quality products on time and on budget.
- Adaptability – Easily adapt Jama Connect to your project and organizational workflows to create an intuitive experience so your teams can get up to speed quickly.
- Performance – Benchmark and monitor team performance over time to understand the benefits of retooling your product development process. Store and reuse existing intellectual property and best practices from multiple product lines.
Download the entire Datasheet – Benefits of Jama Connect®: Supercharge Your Systems Development and Engineering Process
How Jama Connect Helps Our Customers
Infineon Transitions From a Document-Centric to Data-Centric Development Flow with Jama Connect
Founded in 1999 as a spin-off of Siemens AG, German semiconductor manufacturer, Infineon Technologies AG is a world leader in semiconductor solutions that make life easier, safer, and greener. Ranking among the 10% most sustainable companies in the world, Infineon is a leading player in automotive, digital security systems, power and sensor systems, and industrial power control.
In our Infineon customer story, we examine how Jama Software helps Infineon manage complex product development subject to regulatory compliance and increase efficiency. Read the full customer story to find out how Infineon’s shift from a document-based approach to a more modern requirements management solution resulted in:
- Better management of product complexities throughout the development cycle
- Systematic handling of requirements from product definition to product development and verification
- Improved collaboration with distributed teams both inside and outside of their organization
- More effective exchange of requirements to ensure functional safety standards are met
INFINEON CUSTOMER STORY OVERVIEW
Database-centric approach increases the efficiency of Infineon product development
Jama Connect helped Infineon shift from a document-based approach to a more modern requirements management solution enabling newfound product development efficiencies around complexities, communication, reviews, and compliance.
• Keep the overview on ever-increasing product complexities and avoid requirements misunderstandings
• Provide compliance without compromising time-to-market goals
• Manual document versioning makes review cycles and alignment difficult
• Improve the review & sign-off process, making it an integral part of the requirement management system
• Need for enhanced reuse capabilities • Exchange requirements information with customers and suppliers
• Overcome the scaling limits of a document-centric approach
• Jama Connect’s scalability supports complex projects
• Easier to show compliance to industry regulations
• Jama Connect Review Center supports an efficient process
• Provide requirements-accurate versioning to backtrace decisions
• Reuse requirements to shorten development cycles
• Digital exchange of requirements between customers and suppliers
• Better management of product complexities throughout the development cycle
• Systematic handling of requirements from product definition to product development and verification
• The traceability of requirements enables functional safety standards compliance
• Improved collaboration with distributed teams both inside and outside of their organization
• More effective exchange of requirements to ensure functional safety standards are met
Download the Customer Story – Infineon Transitions From a Document-Centric to Data-Centric Development Flow with Jama Connect