magniX chooses Jama Connect for its ease of use, quick deployment, and to help modernize their requirements management program and demonstrate compliance with standards.
Headquartered in Everett, Washington – located just outside of Seattle – magniX is the leading developer of propulsion systems for electric aircraft, including motors, inverters, and motor controllers.
magniX is working to bring affordable, emission-free, and quieter flights to communities around the world.
More about magniX:
- Founded in 2009
- Expertise: Leading developer of propulsion systems for electric
- aircraft, including motors, inverters, and motor controllers
- Recent Awards for magniX:
- 2020 Fast Company Most Innovative Company in Energy
- Finalist 2020 GeekWire Innovation of the Year award
- Frost and Sullivan Technology Innovation Leadership Award
With big plans on the horizon, magniX set out to find a modern requirements management solution that could help them make their ideas a reality.
Initially, the team was using Microsoft Excel and Word to manage their requirements, but they quickly realized it was only a temporary solution. The limitations and risks of using static requirements in this manual process were becoming apparent.
As they began their search for a requirements management solution, they knew the following things were most important:
- Moving to a modern, cloud-based RM tool
- Creating a centralized requirements repository
- Demonstrating compliance with aviation standards
RELATED POST: Five Key Design Control Practices that Improve Compliance and Help Develop Better Products
While the evaluation process was short and led to the selection of Jama Connect®, the magniX team seriously evaluated multiple systems.
Jama Connect stood out for the following reasons:
- Jama Connect was a more modern, easy-to-use solution with the powerful features they required
- Jama Connect allowed for the magniX team to easily customize the solution to meet their needs, without requiring complex custom scripts to be written
- The interface in Jama Connect was intuitive
“The ability to easily customize Jama Connect to fit our needs without custom scripts is a major advantage over other solutions,” said Carlos Souza, Head of Energy Storage Systems at magniX. “Jama Connect just allows us to achieve more with less work.”
Ease of use and quick deployment
In addition to ease of use and quick deployment, ultimately, the magniX team selected Jama Connect because the solution:
- Allows for end-to-end traceability that gives the magniX team the ability to control requirements from the product level down to implementation in one single database
- Is powerful, intuitive, and easy-to-use requiring very little training to see wide adoption and ROI
- Enables configuration control throughout all stages of development
“One of the main reasons we selected Jama Connect is the ability to provide configuration control for all the requirements and maintain them in one database. It allows everyone in the company to have visibility into the requirements and their status,” said Souza.
Jama Connect helps to form a digital thread through development, test, and risk activities — enabling the magniX team to have end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and overall process improvement. Moving from static requirements (in disparate teams, activities, and tools) to Living Requirements management was the key to them achieving real-time, cross-team collaboration and coordination. And, because of its easy, intuitive, modern user interface, broad adoption is made simple.
RELATED POST: Requirements Management – Living NOT Static
Jama Connect is very intuitive and easy to get up and running. We received training, and the rest was very fluid and straight forward,” said Souza. “Teaching others how to use the tool internally is very easy.”
To learn more about magniX’s outcome and future with Jama Connect, read the full story here.